We HATE techno waffle!
Lets face it, even if unlike most, you do read through all 2000+ words of legal waffle, you may not fully understand their implications, and we think that's a bit misleading.
So as well as all the legal stuff, we've put together a concise explanation of what it all means. But if you are a legal buff, then don't let us stop you reading the full policy down below, enjoy!
What information do we collect from you, and why?
● Name, email address, phone number (optional) - to identify and contact you regarding your order(s) and create and manage your account.
● Billing and Delivery/ Shipping Address - to process payment and deliver your order.
● Payment information - to process payment, to process changes in order totals, such as refunds or changes to your order, process recurring payments for subscription purchases.
● The version of your web browser, your IP address, your time zone, cookie information, what sites/ pages or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with our Site.
● Your location, should you consent, to provide you with information, such as Click & Collect availability.
How is the information collected?
● Collected from you through site forms, the checkout process, when you contact us.
● Automatically when you access our site, using:
Cookies are small bits of information that a website stores on your computer. When you revisit the website, your browser sends the information back to the site. Usually a cookie is designed to remember and tell a website some useful information about you.
Log Files are records of events on the site, and when they happened.
Web Beacons, Tags, or Pixels are web trackers, that are used to track visitor behaviour/activity.
● Through Google Analytics, collecting data about how our customers use our site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Who we may share your information with?
Information may be shared with:
● Our processor Shopify.
● Our Web Chat Provider; Shopify Inbox.
● Facebook & Instagram Sales Channels.
● Facebook Pixel - Targeted Advertising.
● Google Sales Channel, Google Ads, Google Analytics.
● Shopify's SHOP Sales Channel.
● Our Subscriptions Provider; LOOP.
● Our Delivery Service Providers; Royal Mail and DPD.
● Our Payment Providers; Shopify Payments and PayPal.
GDPR (& CCPA)
● GDPR - If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. To exercise these rights, please contact us. Find out more in the full policy below.
● CCPA - If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
● We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
● We use Facebook/ Meta Pixel to provide personalised advertising to you on Meta apps, including Facebook & Instagram.
You can read more in our full policy below.
We will never sell your information
No ifs or buts, we don't sell your data!
Here is the full
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
LOVE TO B SKINCARE LTD, Unit 5 Aerial Park, Uddens Industrial Estate, Dorset, BH21 7NL. United Kingdom.
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Facebook & Instagram Sales Channel, Google Sales Channel, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Shopify SHOP Sales Channel, Shopify Inbox Sales Channel, LOOP Subscriptions Provider, PayPal Payment Provider, Facebook/ Meta Pixel.
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Facebook & Instagram Sales Channel, Google Sales Channel, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Shopify SHOP Sales Channel, Shopify Inbox Sales Channel, LOOP Subscriptions Provider, Royal Mail Delivery Provider, DPD Delivery Provider, PayPal Payment Provider, Facebook/ Meta Pixel.
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support where necessary.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Shopify Inbox Web Chat Provider.
- Personal Information collected: name, email address, other information you provide in order to resolve any issues.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Facebook & Instagram Sales Channel - we use Facebook and Instagram sales channels to sell and promote our products through these platforms.
- Facebook/ Meta Pixel - we use Facebook/ Meta Pixel to provide you with personalised advertisements on their platforms.
- Google Sales Channel - we use this sales channel to sell and promote our products through this platform.
- Google Ads - we use this sales channel to promote our products through this platform.
- Google Analytics - we use this sales channel to collate and analyse site data.
- Shopify SHOP Sales Channel - we use this sales channel to promote our products through this platform.
- Shopify Inbox - we use this to provide us with online chat functionality.
- LOOP Subscriptions Provider - this provides us with the ability to sell products as a subscription.
- Royal Mail Delivery Provider - one of our chosen delivery service providers.
- DPD Delivery Provider - one of our chosen delivery service providers.
- PayPal Payment Provider - one of our chosen payment providers.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
We do not partake in the sale of your personal data.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information available above, or on our contact us page.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimise your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.||24h|
|_shopify_country||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Last updated: 07.02.2023